E3 (EXPLORER Enterprise Edition) is a product based on high-tech solutions and applications containing the most advanced Business Intelligence technologies:
• fully customisable to allow easier analysis and consultation
• graphic and intuitive interface to implement complex tasks
• integrated with user’s Office environment and Excel spreadsheets, so that customers do not have to radically change their operational environment
• use of the main RDBMS (database) and of their most advanced functions, to guarantee the flexibility of software support platforms
• OLAP engine to implement efficient analysis on multi-dimensional data
• web integrated to allow its distribution, obtained through the use of analysis tools.
MODULAR AND SCALABLE ARCHITECTURE
E3 follows a fully modular and scalable architecture; thanks to these features it is able to operate on different platforms and to grow over time. It is a group of a fully integrated software modules and products.
It’s organised following a multi-level architecture: it is able to operate through a client/server “standard” procedure on two or three levels or through multi-level web operations or in different operating environments.
CORPORATE IT SYSTEM INTEGRATION
The Business Intelligence solution operates through different levels compared to the other components if the corporate IT system and its integration does not require any modification of its existing structure. E3 works good with other applications and systems and it’s able to obtain data from different corporate sources such as:
• user spreadsheets
• market data
This allows the creation of value without having to perform organisational changes, in terms of IT tools or the way in which users normally work.
PERFORMANCES AND GUARANTEED GROWTH OVERTIME
Thanks to the modular and scalable solutions offered by Dialog Sistemi, also in terms of projects implementation, all members of an organisation can obtain access to the information over time: consulting data that has been specifically developed to generate information and knowledge, it’s really easy, with high performances and at reasonable costs. From a quantitative and performance point of view, scalability can be guaranteed up to large volumes, even with terabytes of data and hundreds of users. E3 accompanies the growth of the organisation and time optimal management referring to internal decision-making processes, while ensuring the opportunity to make the best decisions.
With the aim of supporting businesses planning and management control, the E³ suite provides budgeting and forecasting solutions for individual areas of the business or for the coordination of the different
areas concerning planning activities. This budgeting and forecasting solution allows defining Corporate or Business Unit or strategic business approaches hypotheses, to integrate and consolidate the data and compare it with historical data or other relevant information. You can decide to adopt budgeting top-down approaches (from the general objectives to the operational ones), bottom-up or mixed. It’s a product tailored to any business that considers proactivity and operational control a competitive advantage in order to achieve a complete software system and management control.
• Using a straightforward and flexible tool to plan strategies and verify the company’s results, thanks to shared certified and centralised data.
• Easily plan targets defining hypotheses based on historical data or building up projections, by integrating different budgeting information (e.g. production budgeting).
• Allocate budget to managers and easily integrate specific hypotheses adopting Office automation familiar tools.
• Monitor the activity verifying budgetary deviations and project final budgetary figures to simulate the end of the financial year.
• Company, Multicompany, Departments
• Functional areas (Commercial, Sales, Production, Profit and Loss Account, etc.)
• Types: Business, financial, operational
• Methods: Top-down, Bottom-up, mixed
• Working procedure: Workflow definition and scheduling
• Final balance: Non-accounting data, Full costing data, etc.
• Affiliations: Organisational structures, product families, etc.
• Historical data reclassification and update
• Cost drivers distribution and reallocation
• Different time lines: Every month, every season, etc.
RECYCLING AND EDITIONS:
• Building up different hypotheses and scenarios
• Forecasting/Current budget and revisions
• Deviations analysis
INTERFACING WITH INFORMATIVE SYSTEM:
• Accounting and commercial data input/output, etc.
• Acquisition through RDBMS/Import/Export file Xls, Txt, etc.
The determination of the industrial product cost (Service) and its governance is the result of an analytical management industry control also related to all those enterprises with high indirect costs.
• Monitoring and looking after product lines thanks to a product cost statement (both Direct and Full Costing) down to each feature
• Determining reference and list prices and increasing the value of current stock are very important features based on the product cost calculation.
The main features of the production costs control software are:
• Raw and subsidiary materials cost development and also bills of materials including production order costs referring to standard and full costs
• Labour costs development (internal and external, rework, etc.) using Processing cycles or manufacturing times, promoted at standard costs and settled with full costs
• Direct or Indirect costs take over based on expenditure for the corporate accounting system production cost centres, with the opportunity to input annual or monthly reports and budgetary costs directly in the E3 system
• Reallocate industry indirect costs on the basis of cost drivers as a result of hours worked, machine hours and stores movements and payments, energy consumption or ad hoc consumption
The key features of the solution are:
1. Determining total cost of production and also cost by department or by process using ABC logics (Activity Based Costing) to the desired level;
2. Analysing variances of components of the cost of product;
3. Generating costs to calculate the selling price and the inventory.
To sum up, we can say that technical and consumption data, costs and the handling process included in the management system (such as bills of materials, processing cycles, goods movements, analytical accounts) which are taken to the repository and are subject to specific processes and logics determined by the controller who will be determining pricing levels and reallocation rules producing the industrial cost and profit and loss account profiles.
For those companies in which personnel costs have significant consequences on the final cost, HR optimal management is extremely important. Moreover, those companies where departments and processing is “labour intensive”, take particular advantage of using a employee costs control system.
Carry out productivity and efficiency costs analysis, quickly evaluate structures and procedural re-organisation simulations through budget indicators.
The main advantages refer to:
• Improved workforce balancing and human resources management
• Workforce organisation according to their needs
• Limiting overtime
• Limiting the costs of leave which have not been taken
• Personal sales force incentives
• Workforce cost based on their skills
• Hourly costs and per capita workforce
• CDC/department allocation according to attendance level
• Departments/Tasks costs, etc.
• Measuring Productivity: Items, hourly turnover, FTE
• Overtime measurement and control, Absences, Annual Leave entitlement for remainder, etc.
• Possible extensions: Shift management
Our solution is addressed to business directors who can quickly access information regarding the business performance and identify a final competitive advantage. It basically provides a full analysis and management control system:
Balance sheets, profit and loss accounts of the company and of a potential third party (Business Unit, Order, Result area, etc.), cash flows and relevant economic, financial and structural factor analysis,providing a dynamic and prompt overview of final and provisional figures.
The main advantages are improved profit management and cost trends, analysing each task from different perspectives and implementing management control activities. Thanks to the application you can access either a final or management overview, integrating accounting and non-accounting data, and also implementing and performing an organisation of cost structures through a reallocation of rules. In short, this solution enables all corporate performance indicators governance to identify its main trends and analyse them from different perspectives (business area, corporate contribution margin)
ACCOUNTING AND MANAGEMENT DATA
• Accounting data integration containing summarised information coming from other flows: e.g. purchase invoices, attendance and payroll processing
• Accounting database for management purposes: cash and competence criteria
• Database update for forward-planning analysis: data management refresh at the beginning of each month/week
• Management data navigation through the management of reclassification sub-counts criteria
• Data projection and creation of preliminary forecast
• Accounts alignment (both final and management) to cost centre based approach: indirect cost reallocation to CDC
• Reallocation criteria selection (tables/hierarchical, automatic/manual, total/partial determination criteria)
• Opportunity to perform simulations and manual adjustments relating to suggested distribution criteria
Our solution is addressed at those companies willing to manage their sales profitability in a coherent and timely manner (channel, point of sale, department, etc.).Moreover, at present, it is essential to assess the effectiveness of promotional activities
and customers’ clustering and analysis.
Sales profitability governance in relation to product categories, to stores and distribution centres through the creation of Point of Sales and Department, Channel and Company profit and loss accounts based on accounting data, goods and manual integrations. Assortments and promotional policies active management.
• Sales and commercial margins analysis
• Product category performance
• Assortment clustering analysis
• Shrinkage management check
• Returned and expired goods analysis
• Promotional effectiveness analysis
• Sales network
• Deviations analysis
• Fidelity analysis
The profit and loss account for commercial and sales profitability allows both an aggregated and a very detailed analysis.
Thanks to OLAP Business Intelligence tools, users can analyse different areas of their corporate environment (sales, marketing, etc.), explore different aspects and identify both potential opportunities and areas
of improvement with a few mouse clicks.OLAP available tools even allow you to satisfy the need of your less.
E3 OLAP Analysis is fast and efficient operating directly with Data Warehouse data, using a multidimensional OLAP analysis (OnLine Analytical Processing).
During the analysis procedure, the user can decide to consider some specific characters and quantitative data, handling them with drill operations, applying different filters, adding or eliminating new characters and trying to identity the most interesting information. This i only possible thanks to OLAP Business Intelligence tools especially conceived for business users.
Users personalise their analysis model adding or eliminating certain characters or data, processing and filters and changing the hierarchy. The interface provided by the navigation module is similar to of the Excel interface, in such a way as that the user can easily navigate within the system. In the menu bar and in the tool bar there are different commands corresponding to different data multi-dimensional analysis tools.
EASY ACCESS TO CORPORATE INFORMATION ASSET WITH THE E3 PLATFORM
the user can choose the level of detail: from cumulative data to more detailed with a step-by-step analysis, going through the different aggregation levels, or passing from a very detailed level to a global view.
It is also possible to navigate quantitative data such as quantity, income, costs, margins, through different characters such as product, organisation, customer, time. From summarised information (e.g. corporate or division margins) to basic information (e.g. margin of a product of a specific area).
The different ranges of graphic presentation provided by the system (e.g. Percentage to the total, alphabetical order, Pareto analysis 80/20) identify some specific aspects combining colours with different values to be kept under control.
PRESENTATION AND OUTPUT
The E3 Suite projects data directly in the user spreadsheet, automatically scaling and grouping lines and columns so to be more readable. With a few clicks, you can access graphic data through historical series tables and Pivot tables that can be shared via email or can be published in HTML. In this way al the corporate users can access the information through a normal browser. Users can also be informed via text message.
The user can access all the data organised in the Data warehouse, using preconfigured reports or creating new ones. Reports can be created according to the customers’ needs:
- standard: every solution has some preconfigured models; in this case it’s very easy to implement
- ad hoc: in this case, specific corporate layout needs have to be analysed in advance
The OLAP Analysis feature allows, while browsing, the production of a diverse context report generating pivot tables, charts, time series, etc. Furthermore, specific distribution features allows reports distribution (delivery) in different ways.
Set up production, distribution and predefined report management parameters. The structure of information is linked to different categories such as customers, products, suppliers, time. It uses all preconfigured analysis models. At the same time it is also possible to choose layouts, methods of production and desired outputs.
You can generate your reports thanks to interactive procedures: the user can recall the reporting preconfigured model and generate it providing appropriate parameters (e.g. relevant time frame and register e output directory). Production can also be conceived following some automated procedures in “batches” through appropriate scheduling which can be activated concurrently with specific events or depending on the execution of particular operations.
OUTPUT AND REPORTS DISTRIBUTION
Reports can be stored in Excel spreadsheets for potential personalisation or integration. Their results can be also represented/exported graphically and they can also be used with all Office functions. PDF is another supported format (even zipped), a really useful and flexible format with a view to electronic distribution. The HTML format is also supported in the event of potential publication on the web.
Through appropriate filters, it is possible to generate reports for specific users or user groups. Depending on how single users’ specifications have been defined, it’s possible to personalise specific features thanks to the Supervisor who can actually set up some rules to access the data contained in the Data Warehouse after having defined some appropriate filters. You can for instance obtain sales reports for every commercial area, or sales and commissions reports for each employee.
AD HOC REPORTS
Moreover, E3 offers a complete and modern development environment, based on the OLAP infrastructure and on the Data Warehouse, able to carry out ad hoc reports on the basis of the customer’s needs and the corporate layout.
E3 creates periodical predefined reports and statements on Intranet/Internet networks using the specific features of the Web Reporting application.
Reports are easily generated thanks to a normal browser from corporate data (through the OLAP technology already described in the Analysis and Report section) specifying familiar features to the users as customers, products, time, supplier, etc. Web reports are generated interactively way on the basis of the features and the data selected by the user. It is also possible to implement drill-down operations to a feature level.
Da anni utilizzo le applicazioni E3 per i costi industriali, la redditività commerciale ed i conti economici. La suite E3 è dotata di un potente motore di allocazione dei costi a guida utente.
Con la suite E3, che noi utilizziamo a 360° nel supporto rete, CRAI CODE’ offre una consulenza mirata per implementare un nuovo modello di gestione più redditivo nei propri negozi affiliati.
Con la soluzione E3 i movimenti merci ed i margini sono sempre aggiornati tutti i giorni. La suite E3 è dotata di un potente meccanismo di calcolo del costo del venduto.
Con la suite E3, che noi utilizziamo a 360° gradi, l’azienda ha fatto un salto di qualità nella tempestività e nell’affidabilità del Performance Management.
La collaborazione di Dialog Sistemi e dei suoi consulenti è stata fondamentale nella crescita delle nostre risorse interne, rendendo tempestivo ed affidabile il Performance Management.